Our Mission is to deliver progressive and superior customer value, uphold the interests of our human assets, provide sustained stakeholder returns, and stay abreast of social responsibility initiatives.
Himalayan General Insurance Co. Ltd. commenced operations in December 1993 to write Insurance Policies after obtaining license from the Insurance Board of Nepal to underwrite General Insurance (Non-life). We have issued first fire Insurance policy on 1st November, 1993. We worked with Swire Blanch Asia Ltd., Singapore, through a technical service agreement for the initial five years in order to arrange reinsurance with the world’s best reinsurers.
Spanning a history of more than two decades, we have been providing clients with stability and confidence of security, and our shareholders with consistent returns. Through our customer-driven service packages, personalised service delivery, and technology-focused operations, our clients enjoy value and benefits that are unparalleled in the industry.
While HGI is widely acknowledged for its market leadership in claims services, it services a large and diverse product range and client base. Our clients span all levels of society – business corporations, development organisations and individual customers.
- To deliver expert and innovative solutions in risk evaluation and risk mitigation alternatives
- To empower our organisational team to deliver personalised, professional and value-added services
- To work with passion, commitment, and due diligence
- To harness the capabilities of technology in product
service delivery innovations.
- Team of professionals
- Prominent claims service
- Reliable reinsurance support
- Advisory service
- Pioneer in travel insurance
- Market leader in hydro power project insurance